Each year an award recipient is selected from each of the three nomination categories: mental illness, developmental disabilities, and substance use disorders. They are celebrated at the annual Mental Health Champions’ Awards Banquet held in their honor. This year, the event will be on May 7, 2024, at the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Jefferson City.
If you have any questions regarding the Mental Health Champions Award, please contact the Missouri Mental Health Foundation at (573) 635-9201 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to submit via mail, use this PDF version of the nomination form.
Persons may be nominated in one of three categories:
- An individual with a diagnosed mental illness
- An individual with a developmental disability
- An individual in recovery from a substance or gambling addiction
- Nominees must agree to allow their stories to be told.
- Those who nominate eventual winners may be asked to appear in a video tribute for that individual, along with others who have witnessed or who may benefit from the winner’s noted accomplishments.
- Please include a picture – in JPG or PNG format – of each nominee. Their picture will be put in the keepsake program booklet that will be distributed the night of the event. This picture does not need to be a professional headshot.
Mental Health Champion Nominations
"*" indicates required fields