Position: Missouri Mental Health Foundation – Associate Director (Exempt Management Position)
Domicile: Jefferson City, MO
Reports To: Executive Director
The Missouri Mental Health Foundation (MMHF) is seeking a candidate with extraordinary judgment, well-honed business and people skills, and a passion for behavioral health and developmental disabilities.
This position has been created to prepare the candidate for a smooth transition to the role of Executive Director in 2021, if successful, upon the retirement of the current Executive Director. The Associate Director will have proven management experience and a commitment and passion to advance the mission of this statewide non-profit organization.
The MMHF is a small non-profit organization with a statewide responsibility. The MMHF is governed by a Board of Directors and managed by the Executive Director. In addition to the Executive Director, there are two part-time staff.
The mission of MMHF is to raise awareness and public understanding of issues impacting individuals and families living with mental illness, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders. Our efforts battle stigma and discrimination promote care and treatment, and foster inclusion in the community and the workforce. Such services may include positive media communications, public service announcements, marketing to the general public, providing mental health resources, coordinating and/or hosting special events such as trainings and conferences, and providing technical assistance on mental health-related activities and projects.
The Associate Director should be self-driven with exceptional managerial and communication (spoken & written) skills, ability to multi-task and be able to strategically broaden and deepen the organization’s work across Missouri.
General Responsibilities – Associate Director
- Board Governance: Work with the Executive Director, a Board of Directors, and staff in fulfilling the organization’s mission.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, responsible for leading MMHF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating efficiently with the Board, and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop resources enough to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial status of MMHF.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support MMHF’s mission.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: In collaboration with the Executive Director, work with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through education, awareness, planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of MMHF’s events and programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of MMHF’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Create and/or oversee the distribution of marketing materials including social media, announcements, awareness ads, newsletters, blog posts, etc.
- Organization Operations: In collaboration with the Executive Director, oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective management and administration of MMHF operations
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for the development, management, and oversight of any agreements or contracts made and entered into and on behalf of MMHF.
Professional Qualifications – Associate Director:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (experience in lieu of education)
- Knowledge and understanding of behavioral health and developmental disabilities issues and programs in Missouri preferred
- A strong work ethic, where integrity permeates every aspect of your job, self-discipline, motivation, initiative and the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Experience in event management and coordination preferred
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders preferred
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of individuals
- High level of strategic thinking, and the ability to communicate and convey the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and Missouri communities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, QuickBooks, and the ability to learn and use event management systems, mail and website software programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: $45,000 – $55,000 annually (In 2021, will assume the role of Executive Director upon successful performance – the salary will then be re-negotiated.)
- 401K Plan with employer contribution
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Cell Phone Stipend
Letters of interest with an attached resume, including three references, should be sent to:
Rachelle Masters, Administrative Assistant
Missouri Mental Health Foundation
221 Metro Drive, Ste. C
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Fax: (573) 469-7268
If you have questions, please contact Rachelle Masters, Administrative Assistant or Patty Henry, Executive Director, Missouri Mental Health Foundation at 573-635-9201.
The deadline for receipt of letter of interest with associated resume is close of business December 8, 2019.
If you would like to download & print this job announcement, CLICK HERE