2019 Addiction and Recovery Summit – Missouri State University
The Missouri State University Collegiate Recovery Program, in partnership with the Missouri Mental Health Foundation, Missouri Recovery Network and Better Life in Recovery, will be hosting an Addiction and Recovery Summit featuring a wide array of educational and impactful sessions, including clinical education sessions, as well as general topics surrounding substance use disorders.
Please join us for this event and become a partner in tackling this important issue across our communities.
Date: August 30, 2019
Location: Missouri State University
1110 E. Madison St.
Plaster Student Union
(Event Venue Room Locations: 3rd Floor Ballroom West – 8:30 Keynote Speaker and Lunch; Breakout Sessions will be held in rooms 312, 314, 315 & 317)
Cost: $10 (Lunch will be provided)
On-Site Registration: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Conference Time: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CEU Credits: 5 CEU Credit Hours available through the Missouri Credentialing Board. Certificates will be provided on-site after the training.
Parking: Parking will be free – More Information to Follow
NOTE: At 5:00 p.m. there will be an Overdose Awareness Walk from Plaster Student Union to Hammons Field for Recovery Night – Springfield Cardinals Game)
- Contact the Springfield Recovery Center PRIOR TO AUGUST 1st to purchase tickets for the Cardinal Game (includes a Cardinal’s hat & event t-shirt) — Call 417-368-0852 or e-mail email@example.com
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
We are interested in a wide array of topics surrounding substance use disorders, behaviors, and recovery such as addiction processes, treatment modalities, harm reduction, different pathways to recovery, etc.
- There will be a total of 16 breakout sessions
- One hour presentations including time for Q&As, if applicable. If your presentation proposal is selected, you will receive a complimentary event registration.
- Presentation Proposals will be accepted April 1 – June 15th
- Acceptance notifications will occur by mid July
PLEASE NOTE: Costs associated with your presentation and travel will be your personal expense.
SUBMIT PROPOSAL: Click HERE
(A detailed agenda, including the Keynote Speaker and Breakout Sessions, will be provided at a later date)
8:00 – 8:30 Registration
8:30 – 9:30 Keynote Speaker
9:30 – 9:45 Break
9:45 – 10:45 Breakout Sessions
10:45 -11:00 Break
11:00 – 12:00 Breakout Sessions
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch is provided with Legislative Panel
1:00 – 1:15 Break
1:15 – 2:15 Breakout Sessions
2:15 – 2:30 Break
2:30 – 3:30 Breakout Sessions
3:30 – 3:45 Break
3:45 – 5:00 “Not My Child” Documentary Screening & Panel
5:00 p.m. Overdose Awareness Walk to Hammons Field for Recovery Night-Springfield Cardinals game.
- Contact the Springfield Recovery Center, PRIOR TO AUGUST 1st, to purchase tickets for the Springfield Cardinal Game (includes a Cardinal’s hat & event t-shirt) – call 417-368-0852 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
REGISTRATION OPENS April 15, 2019. You will then be able to register HERE for the 2019 Addiction and Recovery Summit.