2020 MENTAL HEALTH CHAMPIONS’ AWARD NOMINATIONS
Deadline for nominations is December 5, 2019
The Missouri Mental Health Champions’ Award recognizes individuals living with a mental illness, developmental disability, or in recovery for substance use disorders, who make a positive contribution to their community, exemplify commitment and vision, and whose actions have increased the potential for independence in others living with a mental health condition.
Annually, three individuals are selected to receive the Missouri Mental Health Champions’ Award. The award recipients are selected from nominations received from across the State of Missouri. One recipient is selected from each of the three nomination categories: mental illness, developmental disabilities, and substance use disorders. They will be celebrated at the annual Mental Health Champions’ Banquet scheduled for Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Jefferson City.
Persons may be nominated in ONE of three categories:
1. An individual with a diagnosed mental illness
2. An individual with a developmental disability
3. An individual in recovery from a substance or gambling addiction
Nominees must agree to allow their stories to be told
Those who nominate eventual winners may be asked to appear in a video tribute to that individual, along with others who have witnessed or who may benefit from the award recipient’s noted accomplishments.
All nominees must sign a release form granting the Missouri Mental Health Foundation unlimited permission to use, film and publish their likenesses, as well as information about them.
Nomination forms become the property of the Missouri Mental Health Foundation and will NOT be returned.
NOTE: Do NOT send videos, scrapbooks, or binders. They will NOT be considered and cannot be returned.
- To submit nomination online – CLICK HERE
- To DOWNLOAD & PRINT nomination form to be mailed or faxed to the Missouri Mental Health Foundation – CLICK HERE
- RELEASE FORM should be downloaded, printed and signed before being sent to the Missouri Mental Health Foundation. Release forms can be faxed to (573) 469-7268 or mailed to MMHF, 221 Metro Drive, Suite C, Jefferson City, MO 65109
If you have any questions regarding the Mental Health Champions’ Award Nomination process, please contact the Missouri Mental Health Foundation at (573) 635-9201 or firstname.lastname@example.org