Gallery of Images, Videos and Events
Mental Health Champion Award Recipients
The Mental Health Champion Award recognizes an individual with mental illness, developmental disabilities, and addiction disorders, who make a positive contribution to their community, exemplify commitment and vision, and whose actions have increased the potential for independence in others with similar mental health conditions.
- 2017 Mental Health Champions
- 2016 Mental Health Champions
- 2015 Mental Health Champions
- 2014 Mental Health Champions
- 2013 Mental Health Champions
- Mental Health Champions from Years Past
- 2012 Mental Health Champions
- 2011 Mental Health Champions
- 2010 Mental Health Champions
- 2009 Mental Health Champions
- 2008 Mental Health Champions
Lasting Legacy Award Recipients
The Missouri Mental Health Foundation, in partnership with the Missouri Department of Mental Health, recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of individuals whose life work brought about positive changes to the mental health field and its consumers.
Lasting Legacy Program Award Recipients
The Lasting Legacy Program Award recognizes a mental health program that permanently changes the way Missourians are offered or receive services. The program represents cutting-edge innovation and collaboration to continue to give help and hope to thousands of Missourians and their families.
Mental Health Champion's Banquet
The banquet is an annual event to recognize and celebrate the successes of the Mental Health Champion and Lasting Legacy Award recipients. It is also an opportunity to come together to share a common goal – a goal to continue the journey of raising awareness and public understanding of issues impacting individuals and families living with mental illness, developmental disabilities and addiction disorders.
Director's Creativity Showcase
Debuting in 1979, the annual Showcase displays the artistic talents of individuals served by the Missouri Department of Mental Health.
Real Voices-Real Choices Conference
The Real Voices – Real Choices Conference is an exciting opportunity for individuals and families living with mental illness, developmental disabilities, and in recovery for substance use disorders. It is a gathering of consumers, family members, friends, self-advocates and persons in recovery who come together to learn about programs, service issues, opportunities and self advocacy. It’s about fostering growth and empowerment, as well as finding the tools to be successful in the community. Annually, hundreds of individuals gather for this very empowering conference.
Public Service Announcements
Other Events and Activities
- The Children’s Grove is located in Stephens Lake Park in Columbia, Missouri and was dedicated May 3, 2014. The Children’s Grove is a symbol of love, hope and commitment to support the safety and nurturing of youth. It grew out of a desire to encourage conversations and education about mental health… to be a place of beauty and peacefulness and serve as a constant impetus for education and outreach to enhance the mental, physical, and social well-being of our youth – and ALWAYS a reminder to reach out to others with acts of kindness.
Hands Across Missouri for Mental Health Day
- Hands Across Missouri for Mental Health Day is a consumer-run event, sponsored by the Missouri Mental Health Foundation, the Comprehensive Psychiatric Services State Advisory Council (SAC) and local partner organizations. Funds sponsor a public mental health awareness event, such as a picnic, run, walk, etc. to raise awareness of mental health conditions.
- Joplin experienced a devastating loss as a terrible storm tore apart the lives of everyone in this community and left a twisted path of destruction. This event was held to celebrate the many community mental health heroes and remember and honor those that are no longer with us.
Take A Swing For Charity Event
On Saturday, July 30, 2016, the Missouri Mental Health Foundation and Independent Living Resource Center hosted the first “Take A Swing For Charity” event at the Turkey Creek Golf Center in Jefferson City, Missouri.
Charity Cause: To foster inclusion in the community by teaching individuals living with disabilities the game of golf. Donations will be used toward the purchase of equipment, and related expenses, to conduct golf clinics at the Ken Lanning Golf Center in Jefferson City for children and adults living with developmental disabilities, mental illness and in recovery for substance use disorders. Through the game of golf, individuals with disabilities become actively engaged in the social fabric of a community and derive health benefits that improve quality of life. Integrating the necessary accommodations and modifications will aid in reducing issues around accessibility and negative social attitudes.